Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Early Signs of Stingray


In my earlier post about Ferragamo's hit stingray clutch, I hailed the beauty of the stingray skin. Recent sightings have confirmed my prediction that this is the new "it" skin. Oscar de la Renta created a luscious, soft gray stingray clutch for Fall 2008, Celestina created a demure cream stingray clutch, and Marios Schwab created fierce jackets that mimic the texture of the stingray skin. (I personally am dangerously close to purchasing the wallet version of Ferragamo's clutch, but my husband insists that my Chanel wallet has been doing a fine job so far. Husbands. They're so...practical.)

Purchasing Details:

1. Oscar de la Renta: call your nearest store to put your name on the (long) waiting list. NOW.

2. Celestina: available for $1,445 at net-a-porter.com.

No comments: