Thursday, February 28, 2008

Akris: Tactile Texture

After accosting you with grotesque images yesterday (notice I spared you a third monstrosity), I am pleased to report that Akris has redeemed Paris Fashion Week for me, and we can all breathe a huge sigh of relief knowing that a few horror shows are in the past, where they will stay. Akris showcased clean, vertical lines, and continued to experiment with the tactile quality of texture. From fur to fuzz, Akris beautifully incorporated varying sumptuous looks that cry out to be worn--and touched. I've always been a firm believer that clothes should not only look good, but feel good, too.

Additional Looks:

1. A calmer, less post-ity dress that would be easy to wear:

2. The rich colors of suede remind me of pumpkin pie, my favorite fall dessert:

3. The slight fuzzy quality to this mossy number is cozy, not messy:

No comments: