Monday, April 14, 2008

Back to Back

3.1 Philip Lim Ruffled Open-Back Dress, $675 at www.neimanmarcus.com

Unfortunately, the backless trend is one that I won't be indulging in, despite my love for this sweet Philip Lim number (the bottom ruffles are as magnificent as those on a wedding cake). While some call into question my conservative side (this dress screams twenty-something), I simply admit that only those with stunning backs can wear something like this. Then there's the question of the relentless bra situation: does one go without, or purchase a stick-on type? While I don't shy away from the extravagant or the highly ornate, I do shy away from the complicated or the overtly revealing. How about you: would YOU wear this? If so, how?

2 comments:

Miss Cavendish said...

Before three children--absolutely. But now I feel too vulnerable and look too untethered without a bodice that supports me.

Vera said...

wow that's a bit too bold for my taste..