Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Case for Summer Flats

Oscar de la Renta Ikat Ballerina, $495 at Neiman Marcus

In the hot summer months, I can't be bothered with heels, mainly because the inexorable heat can make feet swell. Unlike fall and winter, when one scurries from place to place to avoid the cold, I like to enjoy a more leisurely walk in my hot, but active, city. While I adore my pewter Giuseppe Zanotti gladiator flats (I receive so many compliments on them!), I know that my ballerina (or closed-toe) flats can have a second life when the trees change color. These Oscar de la Renta Ikat flats are perfect for summer or fall--the rich purple and green on the black background look festive enough for summer and have a depth that makes them versatile enough for fall.

1 comment:

WendyB said...

The colors are beautiful.