Despite the hoopla, these trends do not flatter and will be out next season.
1. Modern Art: Mass-produced reenactments of Mondrian, Rothko, and Pollack are too severe for the body.
2. Head-to-Toe Sequins: Excessive shine is gaudy and blinding.
3. Oversized Clutches: Clutching anything larger than your handbag looks clumsy and bizarre.
4. Worst Decade: '70s: The bohemian, sloppy look doesn't match Spring's neat, feminine vibe.
5. Tiers: Why would anyone want to look like a wedding cake?
6. One-Armed Dresses: Your other arm looks naked in comparison.
7. Loud Graphic Prints: Aggressive clothing is uncouth.
8. Feather-like Appliques: You look like a bird, a rag, or a mess.