Saturday, January 26, 2008

Why White Is Right

Robert Rodriguez, Seamed White Sheath for $408, Neiman Marcus

Although New Yorkers are known for their devotion to black, I have increasingly found myself gravitating towards the chic power of white. Pristine, sharp, and mesmerizing, white complements every hue (unlike black, which looks costumey next to orange and yellow and harsh next to pastels) and instantly looks rich and immaculate. Choose fabrics in a substantial weight to avoid the visible underwear problem, or layer sheer fabrics for a breezier look. White accessories are also chicer options for spring (ditch your heavy black handbag in the warmer months). Here is a selection of my favorite white accessories for spring:

Michael Kors, White Python and Gold Medal Clutch, $1395, Neiman Marcus

Nancy Gonzales, White Crocodile Clutch, $1250, Neiman Marcus

Fendi White/Black Textured Patent Leather Pump, $490, Neiman Marcus

Bottega Veneta, White Crocodile Luxanil Handbag

Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche Tote, $1895

Bottega Veneta, Woven Leather Wedges, $1,100 at Bottega Veneta Stores

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. K! It's Kristy. I could not remember your email for the life of me, so I figured the only other way to contact you was through your fashion blog. I think the blog is so cute (and you), but it's almost painful looking at the items posted knowing that I will never ever be able to shop that way for the next 10-12 years (haha).

Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that my writing professor this semester reminds me so much of you. She, too, is a bit of a fashionista (though NY fashion trumps Boston fashion by far), and her handwriting looks so much like yours.

That's all. Take care!

With love, Kristy