Thursday, May 29, 2008

Peter Som Resort 2009

Peter Som has become a staple in my closet: he knows how to make well-constructed, intriguing, and feminine clothes, and he chooses substantial fabrics to match those beautiful designs. His Resort line, however, was not always on the mark.

1. My favorite look of the collection, this gray/blue dress with beaded sash will most likely make its way into my closet next year.



2. I adore champagne, and one can always wear a classy jacket or cardigan on top to soften its formality.

3. Simple and peachy, but not worth the hefty price tag.


4. Will Grecian ever go away? I love the color, the long side sash, and the shimmery fabric, but I don't like the loose fit, which reminds me of a fancy garbage bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when do these looks arrive in stores? where do you suggest that one looks for them?

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Excellent question.

Pre-Fall: items start arriving now
Fall: items arrive October / Nov
Resort: items arrive December/Jan.
Spring: items arrive March/April

Of course, this varies slightly by store. The major designers appear at the big department stores: Bergdorf's, Saks, Barneys, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdales (not Macys). Some small designer boutiques also carry them.