Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Marc Jacobs: Animal Kingdom?


There's a reason I despise Marc Jacobs. From a distance, this dress looks half-way decent: the cute shape, the flirty details...and then you look closer. For reasons unbeknownst to me, iridescent mice and swans run amok in an oil spill that makes Exxon Valdez look like kids' play. A true New Yorker, I abhor rodents of any kind (I could barely watch Ratatouille, and those were cartoon rats) and don't need to see them on my clothes. And the swans. Do they bear any relationship to their neighbors the mice? Or are they there to remind us that beauty is still capable of being found in something so ugly? Because if that's it, then I'm not buying into it...and that's literally and figuratively. $2,400 for this rag at eluxury.com.

No comments: