Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prehistoric

Christopher Kane Scalloped Silk Dress, $5,165 (sold out on Net-a-porter)

Be still my beating heart. When I initially saw this stunner on the runway, I swore that it would be mine; then I saw the astronomical price on Net-a-porter and I swore. (Apparently, though, this is not a recession for everybody. I'm so jealous.) Kane's collection explored the prehistoric (yes, as in dinosaurs) through scalloped shapes, three-dimensional silhouettes, and Bam-Bam-styled animal prints in his avant garde show. The soft, muted peachy pink and cream tones turn fierce in this complex shape, and it's something I'd want to wear day and night--it's that fabulous. It's just tragic that I have to choose dinner over dinosaurs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank heavens you're a blogging still! for some reason, every time i clicked on your blog the 'prada' purse blog from late december was coming up. i knew our friend Miss Cavendish would come to my rescue. it was fun catching up on all that i missed. kathi

Miss Cavendish said...

I loved this CK collection. But--alas--the price of that dress!

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Thanks, Kathi!

Anonymous said...

Christopher Kane is just so over rated. I saw this dress in person and it's very poor made for the price.