Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Designer Alert: Bibhu Mohapatra

Any former design director of J. Mendel is sure to produce an elegant, tasteful, and succulent collection, and Bibhu Mohapatra delivered. (The above Persian lamb coatdress is lust-worthy, as are those killer boots!) More of my favorite looks:

1. A la Burberry, this belted look combines a slightly sporty sensibility with complex texture and color:


2. I love the idea of a long furry vest over something equally decadent: a saffron and navy silk dress:


3. Somehow, Mohapatra transforms a typically-dull shade into something conspicuously elegant:

1 comment:

Amol said...

I adore all the looks but am in love with the last one. It has an earthiness to it. When I saw it, it immediately reminded me of the look of bamboo and paired with the blue, curve hugging lines, it is simply beautiful and not over complicated.