Thursday, June 26, 2008

Giambattista Valli Resort 2009


Although Giambattista Valli's exaggerated shapes aren't for every body, one can hardly deny that this man is pure genius. His Resort 2009 line did feature some strange ruching as shoulder ornamentation (which I aesthetically admire but decidedly refrain from showcasing), but for the most part, his collection was exquisitely finessed, fit for royalty.

1. I've never been as enchanted by a basic black suit as I am by this one. Note the exaggerated puff sleeves, a trend that we saw on the Fall runway lines:


2. If you weren't sick of Prada's hard-edged lace (and you may be by this time next year), Valli offered a more feminine version with a bow and beads:


3. Perfect for Easter Sunday, High Tea, or a meeting with the Queen:


4. If I were getting married again, I'd choose this dress:

No comments: