Zac Posen utilized gladiators with a number of his looks, from beautiful day dresses to evening wear. Wear them with
2. GEOMETRIC SHIFT DRESSES with or without JACKETS: The gladiators soften the dressed-up look here. She doesn't look like she tried too hard (pumps would make the look more formal).
In another look from Zac Posen, he combined gladiators with
3. A PRETTY FLORAL DRESS: The key is using a subdued pattern that doesn't compete with the shoes. Make sure your shoes complement the dress in hue (wear a floral dress with specks of white, for example, if you have white gladiators).
Another option is to go ultra boho luxe, like this example from Net-a-porter, which combined gladiators with
4. LONG, BOHO TUNICS: If you're not sea-side, you may want to wear them with short shorts. Emphasize the look by choosing ethnic extras, like wood beading, large bangles, and long, chunky necklaces.
You can, of course, do a more hard-edged look, as seen here in another example from Net-a-porter:
5. PENCIL SKIRT WITH LEATHER JACKET: While this look is a little unconventional, it works if you're a little more Downtown than Uptown in your aesthetics. Wear silver jewelry with it and don't be afraid of dramatic details like a large collar.
LASTLY, you can always wear gladiators with
6. PANTS /SHORTS and a BLOUSE: For a casual but put-together look, choose tailored pants/shorts and a feminine blouse to off-set the masculine bottom.
Enjoy your gladiators!