Monday, June 1, 2009

Vintage; Gladiators; Zootopia

Silk Dress: Vintage (mother's)
White Bag: Vintage Chanel
Gladiators: Guiseppe Zanotti

Last Saturday's weather perfectly complimented another trip to the zoo, this time being the Bronx Zoo. Thankfully, my husband's company sponsored a free trip; otherwise, we would have spent a steep $27 per person (plus extras for the Monorail, the Butterfly exhibit, the Apes, and any food expenses). In the end, however, even an expensive trip to this zoo is worth it; we walked around for at least four hours and didn't even get to see everything.

I bought these gladiators on sale last summer, but they're still available at various department stores (now on sale again). They're pretty indispensable: the neutral metallic shade goes with almost anything, they're comfortable, and the back zippers ensure easy access:


Some highlights from the zoo:

Hogging the limelight:


Awww, isn't he cute?!


The Three Stooges:


On the prowl...


Living the good life:


Hang tight:


Home, home on the range: Where the deer and the antelope play!


Preening peacock:


They give stinky a good name:


Possibly the oddest-looking creature I have ever seen:

5 comments:

Tiffany Ling Tse said...

I love that you dressed up a bit to go to the zoo!! You look absolutely fantastic... the sheen of the vintage dress is beautiful, and as usual, your shoes are a treat for my eyes!!! You look completely appropriate and uber stylish for a day at the zoo.

The bullfrogs are so cute... haha, just sitting there and soaking up the sun :)

Brigadeiro said...

Your mom must've had the most amazing wardrobe! That dress is gorgeous, such beautiful colours, and love it with your gladiators!
xx

The Little Fashion Treasury said...

Hi Thumbelina.

What a special piece when it comes from your mom- like a very special treasure!

I remember these fabulous gladiator sandals!
AWESOME! DEFINITELY AN INVESTMENT PIECE & ALSO... COMFORTABLE ;)
Still did not wear my Balmain heels a single time
(guess that´s the opposite of investment piece ;)

LOVE THE SLEEPING POLAR BEAR!

My Mom once told me: When my parents took me for the first time to a zoo and I saw a camel I called the camel "Daddy" ;))
Still feeling ashamed ;)


HAPPY SUNNY DAY TO YOU!

Fashion Is Poison said...

gorgeous dress!!!

Miss Cavendish said...

Lovely dress. How lucky you are to have your mum's collection!