Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Autumn and Winter Florals

Burberry Prorsum Floral Embroidered Skirt, $1,595 at Net-a-porter

Lela Rose Flower Overlay Skirt, $750 at Bergdorf Goodman
After my curmudgeonly posts the other day, I felt compelled to share two insanely gorgeous skirts from the incoming Resort lines at Burberry and Lela Rose, two of my favorite designers. Designers tend to produce less gimmicky yet on trend items for their Resort collections, and these two skirts feature heavier florals appropriate for the cool fall and winter months. The first one by Burberry reminds me of fallen leaves in Central Park on a crisp fall day, and its peachy-gray sheen has a magical, storybook quality to it. (I haven't felt this skirt, but I imagine it has a slight crinkle to it--one that whispers back at every touch like crunchy leaves under one's feet.) And the Lela Rose. She is the master of the floral overlay (I have a gorgeous white applique sleeveless blouse of hers), and the dark moodiness of this skirt anchors its sweetness. They're both just the thing to wear on a chilly, dark, "California dreamin'" day.

No comments: