Thursday, October 2, 2008

Five Fall Must-Haves

In a tight economy, a girl's got to prioritize her fall shopping list. Although these five items are on trend, they are also investments that will carry you from season to season.

#1: ACCESSORY MUST HAVE: The Belt
The belt is the single most important accessory for fall, and the spring shows testified to its staying power. A belt can transform a look entirely. Choose one that is rich in embellishment or personality.
My Pick: This Fendi powerhouse will instantly make you look thinner and will make your outfit sleeker.


#2: CLOTHING MUST HAVE: The Long Jacket:
I've always been fond of the cropped jacket, but this season, the long "boyfriend" jacket takes center stage. Wear it belted or loose over a dress or skinny jeans.

My Pick: This belted dark beauty by BCBG achieves the best of both worlds: it is both feminine (it can be worn as a minidress) and masculine.

#3: SHOE MUST-HAVE: The Bootie
The bootie, or shoe boot, is a versatile addition to your shoe wardrobe. Wear it with anything--jeans, pants, dresses, skirts, you name it.
My Pick: These Christian Louboutin Astraqueen shoe boots ($895 at net-a-porter) are hot. Choose one that has some tough embellishment for extra glam.

#4: JEWELRY MUST HAVE: The Statement Necklace
Although the cuff is also having a moment, a statement necklace instantly embellishes your outfit. Wear it with jeans and a jacket for a dressy casual look, or wear it with a formal dress for an important occasion.

My Pick: I'm patiently waiting for my Lanvin Art Deco piece to arrive. Isn't it fabulous?!

#5: HANDBAG MUST HAVE: The Softly Structured Satchel:
The satchel has been going strong for several seasons now, and for good reason: it is roomy, soft, and polished. Choose an exotic one to invest in if you can bear the expense.

My Pick: This Bottega Veneta carryall in ostrich (with crocodile trim) will last you a lifetime.

3 comments:

Songy said...

That necklace looks rather hefty. I would love to wear that with a long black dress. I do need an occasion for such an attire though.

That ostrich bag's price is going to make me chock probably. I wonder if the price will even be available. Will it be one of those POAs?

Thumbelina Fashionista said...

Yes, I admit--the ostrich bag is extremely expensive (around $6k). I'm certainly not buying it.

As for the necklace, I have technically ordered a smaller version of said necklace, but I do like this one a lot. (My practical side has gotten the better of me.

What's POA?

WendyB said...

That bag is gorgeous.